- Excursion to Sinharaja Rainforest & Ratnapura
Pick up from your beach resort at 5.00hrs and proceed to Sinharaja Rain Forest. Bordered by numerous rivers and streams this is one of the least disturbed lowland Rainforests remaining in Sri Lanka. Covering approximately 9000 hectares, the mysterious and enchanting forest is still under study as it has a wild profusion of trees and plants as well as a wealth of Mammals, Reptiles, Insects and Bird species. On your arrival set on a guided trek at Sinharaja Rainforest.
Thereafter proceed to Ratnapura. Set on a sightseeing tour of the well-known “City of Gems”. You will visit a gem mine to see the traditional mining techniques as fortune seeking miners clad in their loincloth excavate the earth searching for `Illama’ – the gem bearing gravel, the Ratnapura region bares almost all varieties of gems found in Sri Lanka. There is also an interesting Gem Museum to be visited. Some of the largest Blue Sapphires in the world have been found in Sri Lanka. In the evening return to your beach resort.
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with an English speaking driver guide
- Entrance fees at places of sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Unlimited water during the excursion
- WiFi on the vehicles
- All Government Taxes
- Meals & Snacks
- Extras of a personal nature such as beverages, tips, etc.
- Services not mentioned in “inclusions”